As we are already familiar with the basics of memory and data structures used by .NET applications, in this third post from .NET Internals series we’re going to dig into boxing and unboxing and their performance implications.
Have you ever wondered about what’s under the hood of the applications you develop?
Ever been surprised that there’s no need to worry about memory allocation and deallocation using high-level programming languages such as Java or C# after leaving the university* ?
Still remember (old) C++ times with delete statement?
By this post, I’d like to introduce a new “.NET Internals” series on the blog. I will be publishing a new post on .NET internal concepts every Wednesday. No end date for the moment 🙂
I’ve recently met a weird issue with T-SQL scripts at work and would like to share it with you today 🙂
As you may know, in my MoneyBack Xamarin.Android application I’ve used SQLite as the local db management system. Recently I’ve added an ASP.NET Core web solution to my GitHub repository in order to create back-end API for my mobile app. I wanted to have database hosted on a remote server and Android application to synchronize its data with it.
Then I started wondering… and decided to make a deeper research first. As I wrote in my post summing up DajSiePoznac2017 competition, “before using a particular solution for an issue” we should “better examine the other possibilities” first. So I do 🙂
I’ve recently been presented a concept of initializing the database (creating or re-creating it) with Unit Test method. Initially I thought it’s a non-sense, but after a while of taking a deeper look…